The winter season is the worst time for our skin, especially if you suffer from dryness. During this time of the year, the cold air steals moisture from your skin, causing it to become dry, itchy, and irritable. Under such circumstances, most people are confused if they can maintain their smooth and glowing skin. If you are also in this dilemma, we will solve this problem for you.
At Quintessence SkinScience our team of dermatologists have developed this twice daily skincare routine which will help to refresh and revive dull and tired winter skin.
During the day
Step 1. Cleanse with Q-SkinScience Purifying Cleanser
A refreshing daily cleanser that deep-cleans the skin and pores removing impurities including makeup, dirt and surface oils. This unique formula also gently prepares the skin for advanced treatments with other Q-SkinScience products without stripping the skin of precious moisture.
It is a detergent-free, lipid-free formulation that is non-irritating to sensitive skin. It contains the phyto-effective natural ingredients: Aloe Vera, Cucumber Extract and Bisabolol (a counter irritant found in chamomile). It also contains the antioxidants, vitamins A and E, providing increased protection for your skin. These ingredients work synergistically, helping to optimize the benefits of the Clarifying Under-Eye Serum Capsules and Serum C. The Purifying Cleanser’s gentle soothing properties make it ideal to use during the colder winter months.
Step 2. Tone with Q-SkinScience Green Tea Toner
Q-SkinScience Tea Toner is a uniquely effective skin care formulation designed for use on the face after cleansing with Q-SkinScience Purifying Cleanser. It helps balance the skin’s natural pH levels as well as re-hydrate the face and restore the skin’s natural acid mantle. It also soothes irritated skin and gently prepares the skin for advanced treatments with other Q”-SkinScience products without stripping the skin of its precious moisture balance, which is essential for maintaining healthy skin throughout the winter months. This formula tones and conditions with natural solvents and astringents to dissolve residual oils and waxes and adds antioxidants, vitamins and other extracts to soothe and maintain a viable, fresh surface to the face.
Q-SkinScience Green Tea Toner is non-irritating even to the most sensitive skin types and may be applied directly after professional, in-office chemical peels, and Microdermabrasion or IPL treatments. It contains the phyto-effective natural ingredients Aloe Vera and Cucumber Extract which soothe irritated or inflamed skin and posses’ natural skin tightening properties. It also contains witch hazel, a mild, natural astringent and glycerin for softening and moisturizing the face. These ingredients work synergistically, providing optimal benefits in balancing and soothing the skin and preparing it for application of Q-SkinScience Serum C, Q-Strixin and Q-Sunshade.
Step 3. Apply Phyto-Active Eye Gel
Q-SkinScience Phyto-Active Eye Gel quickly penetrates the skin helping support cell renewal. Its scientifically advanced Swiss Biotechnology formula utilizes an extract derived from the stem cells of a rare apple tree cultivated for its extraordinary longevity to promote a youthful and rejuvenated appearance. It also utilizes a proprietary Anhydrous or water free technology that permits a preservative free formulation, under-eye dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
- Improves skin tone & texture in the delicate eye area
- Reduces appearance of eye area fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of under-eye dark circles
- Reduces the appearance of puffiness under the eyes
- Powerful antioxidant protection
- Natural anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant agents
Step 4. Moisturize with Q-SkinScience Phyto-Active MBR
Phyto-Active Moisture Barrier Repair is modeled after the skin's own natural protective barrier making it ideal for sensitive skin. Contains ceramides, essential fatty acids, natural bioactive keratin and plant stem cell extract Benefits:
- Helps reduce redness associated with skin inflammation and sensitivities
- Helps soothe dry irritated skin commonly found with atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, icthyosis (dry scaly skin) or rosacea
- For post-procedure MBR helps soothe and repair skin barrier damaged by chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser skin resurfacing, IPL, mesotherapy & micro-needling
Step 5. Combine Phyto-Active MBR with Q-SkinScience Serum C
Combine Phyto-Active MBR with Q-SkinScience Serum C to give you an antioxidant boost, which will help to revive your winter skin.
Q-SkinScience Serum C is a light topical serum containing Vitamin C (12%) and Cucumber Extract (28.1%). Both ingredients work in synergy to improve skin tone, elasticity and a reduction in the appearance of pores. Serum C was developed utilizing a special, patent pending process that reduces water content, thus minimizing oxidation and degradation of the formula. This process provides for the maximum potency and effectiveness of the topical Vitamin C utilized in the formulation, the most effective form available today, pure L-Ascorbic Acid.
Results Backed By Science:
Our skin is exposed on a daily basis to environmental assaults from many sources such as the UV radiation from sunlight as well as from man-made light sources, cigarette smoke and air pollution, all of which cause oxyradicals to form in the skin. These oxyradicals attack the skin's collagen layer and break it down, causing lines and wrinkles to appear; the process commonly referred to as photo-aging. Clinical studies show that topical application of certain antioxidants, such as Vitamin C in the form of L-Ascorbic Acid can help prevent photo-aging in skin and provides many other essential benefits to the skin such as:
- Protection against UV light radiation induced free radical damage.
- Stimulates collagen production improving skin tone and elasticity.
- Helps control inflammation.
- Promotes wound healing.
- Reduces erythema (redness).
- Protection against UV light-induced immunosuppression.
Night Time Routine
Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 of the day time routine
Step 4. Moisturize with Q-SkinScience Phyto-Active MBR or O2 Lift Mask
O2 Lift Mask is a hydrating gel mask that promotes skin’s brightness and firmness while providing instant and long-term hydration. Excellent for post procedure, frequent flyers and especially mature skin. Perfect to use during your night time routine. Benefits
- Boosts skin hydration to lift and plump
- Imparts velvety texture and healthy radiance
- Visibly improves skin tone & elasticity
- Replenishes moisture immediately after a peel or microdermabrasion, or when dehydrated from climate or travel
- Proprietary botanical yeast extract helps boost skin’s oxygen consumption promoting a brighter, firmer and younger skin appearance
Step 5. Apply Phyto-Active Facial Emulsion
Phyto-Active Facial Emulsion is rich in Swiss apple stem cell biotechnology, phyto-nutrients and vitamins for the ultimate in facial rejuvenation. Improves facial skin tone and texture, lessens the look of fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration from sun damage to give you a smoother and more youthful appearance.
- Malus Domestica Fruit Cell extract is clinically shown in Swiss studies to support longevity of skin's stem cells
- Lessens the look of lines & wrinkles
- Promotes a more even & brighter skin tone
- Contains state of the art biopeptides, proven to stimulate collagen & elastin production